Mindfulness is critical and this is the reason it has been practiced for thousands of years.
The widespread profound benefits to physical health, mental health, wellbeing and our ability to function intelligently and effectively are now conclusively proven.
Why Mindfulness is critical?
Our body, our mind and our heart benefits. Mindfulness is tremendously healing and sets us up to transform our lives.
Mindfulness – typically defined as: The Awareness that arises from…
purposefully paying attention to the present moment and accepting it without judgment.
What does the research about the impact of Mindfulness Training?
Though often describes as ‘non-doing’, the idea that nothing is happening couldn’t be further from the truth. Research shows that even a short period of mindfulness meditation directly affects the function and structure of the brain, changing it in ways that appear to increase attention span, sharpen focus and improve memory.
Brain Changes after 8 Weeks
Participation in an 8 week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course is associated with more dense gray matter in brain regions involved in learning and memory processes, emotion regulation, self-referential processing, and perspective taking. There is also a reduction in dense gray matter in the amygdala—the part of the brain associated with fear and stress.
It’s is so exciting to learn that how and what we pay attention to changes how we relate to thought, emotion and much more…We can re-wire our brain and change our state of mind and habitual patterns!
What participants are saying…
Why Mindfulness is Critical – to Physical Health:
- Reverses heart disease
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
- Elevates immune system function
- Improves management of pain
- Less and shorter illness
- Fights inflammation
- Alleviates gastrointestinal difficulties and asthma.
Why Mindfulness is Critical – to Wellbeing
Participants say that they feel lighter and more relaxed and these feelings last:
- Greater vitality, enthusiasm and happiness
- Calmer and able to deal with stress and challenges
- More insight, creativity, clarity
- Self accepting and self confident
- Enjoy enhanced interpersonal relationships
- Improvements in sleep, eating, digestion, exercise habits
- Helps smoking cessation efforts
- Re-awakened sense of meaning and purpose in life.